Interview with Waḍḥah Shabāyṭah
|Biography:||The interview was recorded on April 19, 2003 with Waḍḥah Shabāyṭah, female, born in 1935? in Ḥiṭṭīn, Palestine.|
|Place of Origin:||Ḥiṭṭīn
|In Collection:||POHA, Al-Nakba Collection|
Expulsion -- Palestine -- History -- 20th century.
Zionist terrorism -- Palestine -- History -- To 1948.
al-Ḥiṭṭīnī, Abū Saʻīd (Poet); Abū Rāḍī, ʻAzzām (Trader); al-Yāsīn, Muḥammad (Trader); Abū Khalīl, Zahrah (Midwife); al-Qāsim, Aḥmad (Mayor); ‘Azzām, Aḥmad Abū Rāḍī (Mayor); al-Rabāḥ, Ismā‘īl (Mayor); al-Daqah, Aḥmad (Martyr); al-Yūsuf, Muḥammad (Martyr); Zurayq, Naʻīm (Martyr); Naḥmānī, Yūsuf (Land broker).
|Landmarks-Places of Worship:||
al-Nabī Shuʻayb (Maqām).
Wādi al-Laymūn (Valley).
|Table of Contents:||
Childhood in Ḥiṭṭīn. (@ 00:00:00)
Agriculture and farming practices in Ḥiṭṭīn. (@ 00:09:11)
Ceremonies and community life. (@ 00:23:23)
Palestinian-Jewish relations in Ḥiṭṭīn. (@ 00:48:45)
Ḥiṭṭīn during the Arab revolt, 1936-1939. (@ 00:58:50)
Zionist invasion of Palestine and expulsion. (@ 01:07:19)
Refugee life in Lebanon. (@ 01:34:8)
Table of Contents:
- Childhood in Ḥiṭṭīn . (@ 0:00)
- Agriculture and farming practices in Ḥiṭṭīn . (@ 9:11)
- Ceremonies and community life. (@ 23:23)
- Palestinian-Jewish relations in Ḥiṭṭīn . (@ 48:45)
- Ḥiṭṭīn during the Arab revolt, 1936-1939. (@ 58:50)
- Zionist invasion of Palestine and expulsion. (@ 67:19)
- Refugee life in Lebanon. (@ 94:8)