Interview with Nāyfah ʻAbd al-Tāyih
|Biography:||The interview was recorded on October 7, 1997 with Nāyfah ʻAbd al-Tāyih, female, born in 1936 in Haifa, Palestine and resides in Aleppo, Syria.|
|Interviewer:||Abū Hawwash, Jābir
|Interviewee:||ʻAbd al-Tāyih, Nāyfah
|Place of Origin:||Haifa
|In Collection:||POHA, Al-Jana, Nakba Collection|
Expulsion -- Palestine -- History -- 20th century.
Orphans -- Palestine -- 20th century.
Palestine -- History -- Nakba, 1948.
Ḍargham, Srūr (Revolutionary leader).
|Landmarks-Places of Worship:||
al-Shaykh ‘Īsá (Maqām); al-Khiḍir (Maqām); Mar Elias (Maqām); Jāmi‘ al-Jazzār (Mosque).
al-Mustashfá al-Ḥukūmī (Hospital).
Egged Bus Company (Corporation); Bata (Corporation).
|Landmarks-Cultural and Touristic Institutions:||
Sūq al-Shwām (Market); Ḥammām al-Bāshā (Public bath); Ḥisbat Haifa (Market).
|Table of Contents:||
Childhood and social conditions in the city. (@ 00:00:00)
Social dynamics in Haifa. (@ 00:13:44)
Political turmoil, revolutionaries and military activity. (@ 00:22:13)
War time and expulsion. (@ 00:31:3)
Sufferance and death during the expulsion. (@ 00:41:13)
Refugee life, humiliation and isolation. (@ 00:54:34)
Exile and immigration. (@ 01:09:14)
Table of Contents:
- Childhood and social conditions in the city. (@ 0:00)
- Social dynamics in Haifa. (@ 13:44)
- Political turmoil, revolutionaries and military activity. (@ 22:13)
- War time and expulsion. (@ 31:3)
- Sufferance and death during the expulsion. (@ 41:13)
- Refugee life, humiliation and isolation. (@ 54:34)
- Exile and immigration. (@ 69:14)